[alsa-devel] asus xonar d1

Clemens Ladisch clemens at ladisch.de
Fri Apr 16 08:31:52 CEST 2010

Lars Schotte wrote:
> so basically you are saying that, even though the d2x has higher SNR,

Slightly higher; this doesn't matter in practice.

> there is no point in buying that card because she only has more
> christmas tree lights?

Some people need digital inputs or MIDI.

And the lights are useful to keep the jacks apart on badly lit LAN
parties (according to Asus' marketing), or to part casemodders from
their money (not an official Asus statement).

> the second thing i am curious about is how were you able to wirte the
> driver for it,

Mostly reverse engineering.  C-Media gives out the register datasheet
only under NDA.  I never signed that NDA.

Regards,
Clemens