[alsa-devel] Defect Patch File for AD1981HD

Dark.@ Zzz darkclip at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 22:48:46 CEST 2010

Hi guys, I don't know if it's the right place to send a mail, but a
little defect in one of the driver patch files is bothering me for a
long time.

The patch file is for analog device (hda-intel, patch_analog.c), under
the section of Patch for HP nx6320, the author took out the mic/line
loopback contorl part: "#if 0  FIXME: analog mic/line loopback doesn't
work with my tests...  #endif". However I accidentally found out that
the original code for loopback contorl is actually working perfectly.

The thing is I need to listen to mic loopback all the time when I need
to record something. So every time I update my kernel I need to
download the newest alsa driver, modify then compile it by myself. I
don't know if others noticed it, but since the mic loopback contorl
section is functional, I'm thinking maybe some of you can do something
about the source code.

Thank You!

Dark. at Zzz