[alsa-devel] Laggy mixer with Xonar DX snd_virtuoso

Flávio Martins xhaker at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 03:07:59 CEST 2010

2010/4/13 Clemens Ladisch <clemens at ladisch.de>:
> Flávio Martins wrote:
>> I have a Xonar DX with a laggy volume control, you might have guessed already.
>> Sound will interrupt if the volume change is big like from 100% to
>> 50%, it will only
>> skip a bit if the volume change is smaller. The interruptions/silence
>> last more than
>> 5 seconds easily. I can actually see the mixer slider going up and
>> down on its own.
>
> Does this also happen with alsamixer?

Controlling the volume with alsamixer works well, the sound does not break.
If i change the volume with the gnome-applet/pulseaudio i can see the sliders
in alsamixer getting affected by my changes with some stuttering and the sound
does break as described initially.

>> Here goes the alsa-info.sh output, some weird things going on in dmesg
>> http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=ee911fe73baa60aac51c62ff787ab8b8bd8565e8
>
> The only message from the snd-virtuoso driver is at time 7.696764; some
> are from a USB audio device and most from the onboard HDA device.

The onboard actually works well with the pulseaudio volume applet.
Sorry if it filled the log with crap, i use it for microphone input.

> Regards,
> Clemens

Regards,
Flávio