[alsa-devel] HDA Codec: Soundmax ADI AD1988 x Realtek ALC889

Alex Austin circuitsoft.alex at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 18:18:04 CEST 2010

Not sure this is necessarily the forum for this, but it probably has more to
do with motherboard signal trace layout than the codec, though I have
certainly heard good things about SoundMAX codecs before. ADI makes products
designed to go into hifi equipment, so has the engineering knowledge to get
things right. Realtek makes audio chips just so they can have more chips on
the board, if it already has rtl Ethernet and/or Wifi.