[alsa-devel] Alsa Problems - O2 Joggler

Daniel Case danielcase10 at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 8 22:23:51 CEST 2010

Hi All,
I have an O2 Joggler with the alsa-info output file located here:
http://alsa-project.org/db/?f=4012bb42964e3c87ae7ff4e0561d9ee9d3eb5e2c

The sound does not work unless I remove the following line from
/etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf

    # Power down HDA controllers after 10 idle seconds
   options snd-hda-intel power_save=10 power_save_controller=N

I believe this means that the chipset is not able to wake up from
power saving, and what I get is crackling sound.

What can be done so that this issue is fixed (the device works with
power saving)?

The device came with a special version of Ubuntu Linux 8.04, and the
source code (included Alsa) is available at
http://lists.gpl-violations.org/pipermail/legal/2009-December/001755.html

Thanks!

--
~Daniel