[alsa-devel] Alsa Problems - O2 Joggler

Daniel Case danielcase10 at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 8 22:23:51 CEST 2010

Hi All,
I have an O2 Joggler with the alsa-info output file located here:

The sound does not work unless I remove the following line from

    # Power down HDA controllers after 10 idle seconds
   options snd-hda-intel power_save=10 power_save_controller=N

I believe this means that the chipset is not able to wake up from
power saving, and what I get is crackling sound.

What can be done so that this issue is fixed (the device works with
power saving)?

The device came with a special version of Ubuntu Linux 8.04, and the
source code (included Alsa) is available at