[alsa-devel] User-space control elements in ext PCM plugin

Marcus Weigelt noize007 at gmx.de
Wed Apr 7 13:54:33 CEST 2010

Hi Colin,

thanks for your answer. In general the pulse plugin does more or less what I want - present controls in userspace, right.
But the PulsePlugin actually consists of two plugins, a PCM plugin (pcm_pulse.c) and control plugin (ctl_pulse.c).
As far as I understand, the control events/messages from the user space sliders are directed to the pulse audio server via the ctl_plugin. My question is actually, how to make use of them directly in the pcm plugin?

As I told, a similiar request was done three years ago:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.alsa.devel/50181

That´s where I got the idea of creating the user-space control elements directly inside of the PCM plugin, or did I get it wrong?

Marcus

-------- Original-Nachricht --------