[alsa-devel] Help! Need to switch between normal speaker and BT headset dynamically

Pradeep Kumar Jilagam pradeep.jilagam at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 07:06:49 CEST 2010

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your response.

I am trying to get this working on a small embedded system with limited
memory and processing capabilities. I have also explored in the direction of
pulseaudio but I am not sure whether it is small enough to fit into a small
system. Aslo, I I came to know that the default output device will again
have to be manually changed in the GUI menu fo pulseaudio to start streaming
on the BT headset after updating asoundrc with its MAC address.

I am trying to find out whether the streaming can automatically start
routing to the BT headset as soon as it is detected without any need for
user's intervention. I am trying to find out whether it is possible to do so
and also whether there is any plugin/application available for it.

Thanks,
Pradeep