[alsa-devel] CA0106

Lars Schotte lars.schotte at schotteweb.de
Thu Apr 1 16:31:31 CEST 2010

hi,
Clemens wrote that "
The CA0106 is supported, and
> used on several cheap Sound Blaster cards, e.g. the SB 5.1 VX
"
CA0106 is supported, but I looked at the website and there is:
http://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Matrix:Vendor-Creative_Labs
CA0106
	Details 	[PCI] Digital/Analog input does not work yet.
	Needs more development work.

so ... that seems like line in doesnt work yet, but on the unofficial
http://alsa.opensrc.org/index.php/Ca0106
is "
Capture from MIC an LINE IN input.
"
so looks like that already works, but maybe recently.

that could be relevant to me as far as not buy a VX when I want to make
it work on debian stable w/o changes, but however, I could install the
git version or a snapshot. its just not clear all.