[alsa-devel] WM8731 using I2S on omap3 McBSP2 issues

Rick Bronson rick at efn.org
Sat Sep 26 17:59:52 CEST 2009

Hi Peter,

> Yes it is indicating so. I read through this thread I didn't find any
> simple reason why it's not working. Your setup is similar with the
> Pandora, i.e. McBSP functional clock is coming the codec and codec is
> slave.

  Yes, I pretty much used the pandora as an example to write mine.

> The McBSP is operating if the FSX and CLKX are toggling in this setup.
> Is it so that you don't get any DMA interrupts or just few of them?

  I don't get any DMA int's:

~# cat /proc/interrupts
           CPU0
 11:          0        INTC  prcm
 12:          0        INTC  DMA
 25:          0        INTC  dispc
 37:       5003        INTC  gp timer
 56:       3425        INTC  i2c_omap
 62:          0        INTC  McBSP
 63:          0        INTC  McBSP

> Your CLKGDV divisor value 256 means too low bit clock and sample rate
> for both external 12.288 MHz and internal 96 MHz but still the DMA
> should be running (if there is no bug with this divisor value).
> Can you try divisor value 8 does it work then? For 48 kHz sample rate
> with I2S you need a bit clock of 48 kHz*2*16 = 1.536 MHz and this you
> get by dividing the 12.288 MHz with 8.

  Yes, I had tried 8 before and just tried it now.  Same result.  It
really seems like there is a DMA issue.  Can you think of anything
else to try before I dive into the DMA code?

  Rick