[alsa-devel] Application supporting forward/rewind APIs

Raymond Yau superquad.vortex2 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 26 05:59:43 CEST 2009

It seem that the current implementation , it seem that the application can
rewind the application pointer to hardware pointer , rewrite the next
sample.for all drivers

 static snd_pcm_sframes_t snd_pcm_hw_rewindable(snd_pcm_t *pcm)
{
    return snd_pcm_mmap_hw_avail(pcm);
}

However this is almost impossible for any sound cards since the hardware
register just report the number of samples processed. this mean that the
sound card is already processing the next sample.