[alsa-devel] WM8731 using I2S on omap3 McBSP2 issues

Rick Bronson rick at efn.org
Fri Sep 25 16:30:04 CEST 2009

Hi Peter,

  Thanks very much for the help.

> I think the problem is here.
> The MCBSP_CLKS pin is connected to CLK256FS pin of TWL4030 (or TPA).
> Since you are not using the TWL codec, there will be no clock on the MCBSP_CLKS
> pin, thus no functional clock for McBSP, thus no bits are shifted in or out.
> You can try to use the internal functional clock:
>
>   ret = snd_soc_dai_set_sysclk(cpu_dai, OMAP_MCBSP_SYSCLK_CLKS_FCLK, 0,
>     SND_SOC_CLOCK_IN);

  I have checked the CLKOUT (WM8731) -> McBSP_CLKS (OMAP3) pin and it
has a 12288000 clock on it.  I've tried using the internal clock as
you show above, just to see if I get anything out on DX but I get the
same thing: DX just goes low for the "aplay" duration.

  Any idea why I'm not getting DMA interrupts?  This would indeed
cause no data at DX.  omap2_dma_irq_handler() never gets called but
omap_init_dma() and omap_start_dma() get called.  Do you think there
may be any issues with my DMA code (specifically
arch/arm/plat-omap/dma.c).  As I mentioned, I'm at "2.6.29-rc3-omap1"

  Thanks,

  Rick