[alsa-devel] Is there a way to initialize mixer elements?

Ozan Çağlayan ozan at pardus.org.tr
Thu Sep 24 09:17:50 CEST 2009

Sometimes specific hardwares needs special tweaks (e.g. a mixer element
is muted by default which avoids getting sound from HP, or the master
volume's gain is very low, etc.). Do we have some kind of quirks
(kernel-space/user-space) for that situations?

As a real-world example, I have a user with a VIA VT1708B codec which is
not able to get sound from HP unless he mutes the 'Independent HP' control:

Ozan Caglayan