[alsa-devel] snd-hda-intel and MSI

Elimar Riesebieter riesebie at lxtec.de
Wed Sep 23 16:33:06 CEST 2009

Hi folks,

are there any contradictions to enable-msi=1 by default? There are
users with chips like an

00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) HD Audio Controller (rev 03)
        Subsystem: Hewlett-Packard Company Device 30f7
        Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx+
        Latency: 0, Cache Line Size: 64 bytes
        Interrupt: pin B routed to IRQ 33
        Region 0: Memory at dc500000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K]
        Capabilities: <access denied>
        Kernel driver in use: HDA Intel

which only works with MSI. And it is somewhat hard to find the appropriate
Documantation in HD-Audio.txt. 2nd it will be very hard for Distributers to
maintain modul options by chip ID's.

Thanks for cooperation.

(one of Debian's alsa maintainers)

  Do you smell something burning or ist it me?