[alsa-devel] snd-hda-intel and MSI

Elimar Riesebieter riesebie at lxtec.de
Wed Sep 23 16:33:06 CEST 2009

Hi folks,

are there any contradictions to enable-msi=1 by default? There are
users with chips like an

00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) HD Audio Controller (rev 03)
        Subsystem: Hewlett-Packard Company Device 30f7
        Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx+
        Latency: 0, Cache Line Size: 64 bytes
        Interrupt: pin B routed to IRQ 33
        Region 0: Memory at dc500000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K]
        Capabilities: <access denied>
        Kernel driver in use: HDA Intel

which only works with MSI. And it is somewhat hard to find the appropriate
Documantation in HD-Audio.txt. 2nd it will be very hard for Distributers to
maintain modul options by chip ID's.

Thanks for cooperation.

Elimar
(one of Debian's alsa maintainers)

--
  Do you smell something burning or ist it me?