[alsa-devel] Application and hw mixing for VoIP

Mark Brown broonie at opensource.wolfsonmicro.com
Sat Sep 19 10:05:58 CEST 2009

On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 11:51:33AM +0200, Fabien COMTE wrote:

> I have an application that does VoIP and use OSS emulated interface.

I suspect part of your problem here is the in-kernel OSS emulation -
that bypasses all the ALSA user space mixing support.  If you can't
change the OSS using application to use ALSA then I believe there are
some other options based on preloading a library to intercept the
attempts to open the OSS device and emulate it but I'm not really
familiar with them.