[alsa-devel] Problems with Intel HDA driver

Ozan Çağlayan ozan at pardus.org.tr
Mon Sep 14 15:15:02 CEST 2009

Takashi Iwai wrote On 14-09-2009 15:36:

> Yeah, I think we can add EAPD handling as default for IDT92HD71xx
> codecs.  I've never seen machines that can't live with GPIO0 bit up.

enable_msi doesn't seem to affect the auto-muting problem. I played with
every single node in hda-analyzer but can't get auto-mute work. I can
manually mute the HP output and the internal speakers by
checking/unchecking OUT checkboxes on relevant NIDs. There's a 8xn
matrix for GPIO settings, I played with them as well to set unsol but nope.

I want to remember that dell-m4-1 makes automute work but breaks the
mixer channels:

http://www.spinics.net/lists/alsa-devel/msg26714.html

Err, I know that I didn't answer the last question in the thread as I'm
a little bit lost in the NID pool and didn't have time to investigate
further.