[alsa-devel] hda-intel missing mixer channels

Orm Finnendahl o.finnendahl at mh-freiburg.de
Sat Sep 12 14:33:47 CEST 2009

Hi,

I sent this to alsa-user a week ago but didn't get any reply. Does
anybody know, what is responsible for the missing faders? Did the
driver change or is it some module loading mechanism in the distro
which prevents the faders from showing up in alsamixer? This is so
strange. Please help!

--
Orm
Hi everybody,

 after the last update of Ubuntu (intrepid to jaunty) on my Lenovo
Ideapad my microphone input doesn't work anymore (neither internal nor
external). I found out that alsamixer lacks quite a lot of faders in
the newer kernel/module compared to the older one. Some of the faders
now unavailable were crucial for Mic input to work on the older system
so I'd very much like to get them back ;-)

Some more infos:

Soundcard:    Intel 82801G (ICH7 Family)
Chip:         Realtek ALC269
Module:       snd_hda_intel (in both kernels)

Older kernel: Ubuntu stock 2.6.27-14-generic
Newer kernel: Ubuntu stock 2.6.28-13-rt

Is there any way to make the missing controls available or did the
driver change and I have to compile the older driver for the new
kernel?

Yours,
Orm