[alsa-devel] How to test suspend ?

Tobin Davis tdavis at dsl-only.net
Fri Sep 11 22:27:56 CEST 2009

On Fri, 2009-09-11 at 21:57 +0200, Giuliano Pochini wrote:

> On Fri, 11 Sep 2009 08:19:43 +0200
> Daniel Mack <daniel at caiaq.de> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 12:58:56AM +0200, Giuliano Pochini wrote:
> > > I couldn't make s2ram work on my machine and /sys/pci/.../power/state
> > > virtual files were removed one year ago. How can I test suspend/resume ?
> >
> > See Documentation/power/states.txt
>
> $ cat /sys/power/state
>
> ^^^^ nothing.

Cat does nothing because it doesn't change the current state.  It should return:

standby mem disk

if the kernel is built to handle power management.  If it does return
any of these values, to change state you would type (as root):
echo mem >/sys/power/state   # suspend to ram
# or
echo disk >/sys/power/state     # suspend to disk (hibernate).

--
Tobin Davis

You too can wear a nose mitten.