[alsa-devel] i.MX31L + AC97

Geoffrey Wossum gwossum at pager.net
Wed Sep 9 18:10:49 CEST 2009

Hi all,

I'm currently looking at a board which uses a Freescale i.MX31L connected to a
Wolfson WM9715L over the AC97 bus.  The WM9715L will be used for both sound
and a touchscreen.

It doesn't look like there are any AC97 SoC drivers for the i.MX31.  Is this
correct?  If so, should I try to get the board changed to use a codec on the
I2S bus (the board is being layed out right now), or would creating the AC97
driver simple enough that we should continue on with this hardware and write
the driver when needed?

TIA,
---
Geoffrey