[alsa-devel] Alsa plugin unable to be loaded by Pulseaudio

Ng Oon-Ee ngoonee at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 17:00:05 CEST 2009

On Wed, 2009-09-09 at 22:16 +0800, Ng Oon-Ee wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-09-09 at 15:59 +0200, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> > On Wed, 09.09.09 21:16, Ng Oon-Ee (ngoonee at gmail.com) wrote:
> >
> > > The "test" device is defined as follows (should have put it in
> > > initially).
> > >
> > > pcm.test {
> > >  type plug
> > >  slave { pcm "hw:0,0" }
> > > }
> > >
> > > It works with aplay. My issue is that the pulseaudio server cannot load
> > > alsa plugins since 1.0.20 (as far as I can tell, ubuntuforums has a
> > > thread which suggested as such). When I queried the pulse ML, Lennart
> > > posted the below reply, which I've forwarded here to alsa-devel.
> > >
> > > Basically, the issue as Lennart sees it is summarized by his last 3
> > > paragraphs (bottom of this mail). He specifies the difference between
> > > the way alsa is reacting to pulse and the way it 'should'.
> >
> > After the discussion we had on alsa-devel about the ordering how buffer
> > size and period size are initialized i have now changed PA git to try
> > harder to initialize those values. Would be good if you could check if
> > that actually makes your problem go away.
> >
> > Lennart
> >

> Thanks Lennart. Gonna try it out now.

Ah, the git download was quicker than I expected. I've tested it out,
and the 'test' case shown above does work now, thanks.

Unfortunately the main root of my question was to use the 'alsaequal'
plugin from http://www.thedigitalmachine.net/alsaequal.html which still
does not work. Same error as previously.