[alsa-devel] Update to problem with Creative X-fi mixer problems

Susan Cragin susancragin at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 8 17:52:44 CEST 2009

I saw that someone was going to try to get all the mixer controls to work properly.

I updated and opened alsamixer this morning, and found that both the incoming/recording controls were there!

(I should have quit while I was ahead.)

Then I re-booted and recompiled wine and opened winecfg and found that oss could find the proper mixer but alsa did not.

(The oss mixer is listed as Creative CA0110-IBG)

ALSA lib pcm_dmix.c:1008:(snd_pcm_dmix_open) unable to open slave
ALSA lib pcm_dsnoop.c:593:(snd_pcm_dsnoop_open) unable to open slave
fixme:mixer:ALSA_MixerInit No master control found on HD-Audio Generic, disabling mixer

susan at ubuntu:~$ alsamixer
No mixer elems found