[alsa-devel] Problems with safe API and snd-cs46xx

Raymond Yau superquad.vortex2 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 15:18:13 CEST 2009

I think use this so call "default value" is not a correct method for media
player application.
You are actually trying to exploit the limit of hardware ( lowest latency )
It may work on your fast machine, but fail on other user's slow and heavy
loaded machine

CS46xx_NEW_DSP support multi channels

At least you should test with surround51 playback and stereo capture
concurrently

https://bugtrack.alsa-project.org/alsa-bug/view.php?id=1823

according to the test performed by darkbrain who want to write a hardware
accelerated version of openal , the card seem can run only about 10
instances of surround40 concurrently