[alsa-devel] snd_dummy on Centos - Redhat

Giovanni Maruzzelli gmaruzz.lists at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 17:03:16 CEST 2009

On Thu, Sep 3, 2009 at 4:47 PM, Giovanni
Maruzzelli<gmaruzz.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 3, 2009 at 4:29 PM, Takashi Iwai<tiwai at suse.de> wrote:
>> Or, just copy alsa-kernel/drivers/dummy.c to your tree.
>> There is no other changes except for documentation.
> I will now try to compile from it's own snapshot tree, doing the ./configure.

I'm sorry to say that actually it was worst than before for me, so
maybe centos kernel is "non collaborative" (eg: no high res timers).

Following is some excerpts from the kernel config (grepping for
obvious words), if useful I can attach the entire kernel config, or
find other informations:

# CONFIG_PREEMPT_NONE is not set
CONFIG_PREEMPT_VOLUNTARY=y
# CONFIG_PREEMPT is not set