[alsa-devel] [RFC 0/2] ASoC: remove io_mutex

Mark Brown broonie at opensource.wolfsonmicro.com
Fri Oct 30 18:51:16 CET 2009

On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 01:34:01PM +0200, ext-eero.nurkkala at nokia.com wrote:
> From: Eero Nurkkala <ext-eero.nurkkala at nokia.com>
>
> This RFC set addresses the existence of io_mutex.
> A safer method is introduced - but it changes the
> semantics quite a bit, as now all drivers calling

As discussed previously this is probably sensible; it's certainly more
sensible than the current code if nothing else.  I've applied them, if
there's problems we can fix them as they're noticed but this is a better
place to start from.  Thanks!

Please do always remember to CC maintainers on patches - it helps avoid
your patches getting lost.