[alsa-devel] [USB] alsa-lib 1.2.21[a] broke USB audio buffering - regression

Shawn Starr shawn.starr at rogers.com
Thu Oct 29 23:49:53 CET 2009

Hello ALSA developers,

I seem have noticed a problem with USB audio buffering. Prior to using *buntu,
which uses ALSA 1.2.20 I had no problems with using my USB webcam for audio.
When I switched to Debian, which uses ALSA 1.2.21a I noticed USB audio became
choppy.

The device in question is a QuickCam Pro 9000 webcam.

I can confirm this to be the case since taking the 1.2.20 source and
rebuilding it on Debian causes the audio choppiness problem to stop.

Thanks,
Shawn.