[alsa-devel] snd-hda-intel , changing the model option

Colin Kincaid Williams discord at uw.edu
Wed Oct 21 11:10:25 CEST 2009

Hello,

I'm trying to get my sound working and was wondering: Is there is a way to
change the model option without restarting my computer? I tried editing the
/etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf file, and then restarting alsa with
/etc/init.d/alsa-utils restart 0 , however I do not think the change is
taking place. I used the alsa-info.sh script to determine if the change took
place however it appears that the card has the same model name as when the
machine booted.

Best,

Colin Williams