[alsa-devel] SPDIF with X-Fi

Daniel L. Miller dmiller at amfes.com
Wed Oct 14 02:24:44 CEST 2009

Perhaps I'm going about this the wrong way (if so, please tell me), but...

My X-Fi card is now working with the new driver.  I am connected to my
amplifier via a fiber optic cable.  Sending standard two-channel audio
to the "front" alsa plug gets directed to the spdif output and sounds
great.  But I want to have my full surround active - particularly for
movies already encoded with dts and/or ac-3.

Do I need to specially configure ALSA is any fashion to make this work?  Do I need to use the iecset tool?

I'm using Kubuntu Karmic, running a 2.6.31 kernel, if that makes any difference.

--
Daniel