[alsa-devel] dev_* output functions and ASoC codecs

Barry Song 21cnbao at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 12:09:07 CEST 2009

On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 10:20 PM, Mark Brown
<broonie at opensource.wolfsonmicro.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 09:20:18PM +0800, Barry Song wrote:
>
>> Thanks a lot. Fortunately, You parsed my meaning well. I just want to
>> say it seems not too economic to have arrays with almost same members
>> while CPU interfaces and codecs are same for all dai_links. dai[0] and
>> dai[1] in array are just same.  It seems that will make more sense if
>
> The current plan is to allow a dev_name plus DAI index instead of the
> pointer to be used to establish the link, though I can't guarantee that
> particular approach until it's implemented.
Another issue is that there is only one global soc_ac97_ops in the
whole system. In case there are two different ac97 ports, how to
handle?
Even though the two ac97 ports are same, how could CPU DAI related
private data can be given to snd_ac97 to let it use that data to
execute different operations? It seems snd_ac97 is only attached to
codec.