[alsa-devel] [BUG] GPF in snd_hda_intel

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Mon Oct 12 07:58:46 CEST 2009

At Sat, 10 Oct 2009 15:01:10 +0200,
Luca Tettamanti wrote:
> Hello,
> with current git kernel (bd381934) I see a GPF when the snd_hda_intel driver is
> loaded; the regression is recent, 0eca52a works fine.
> The machine is an ASUS laptop (F3Sa), this is the sound card:

Could you load the snd-hda-intel module with probe_only=1 option,
and give the output of "alsa-info.sh --no-upload" ?

If 0eca52a worked, there are only a few changes regarding hda-intel.

    ALSA: hda - Fix yet another auto-mic bug in ALC268
    ALSA: hda - Don't pick up invalid HP pins in alc_subsystem_id()
    ALSA: hda - Add a workaround for ASUS A7K
    ALSA: hda - Fix invalid initializations for ALC861 auto mode

The possible culprit is the third one, f8f25ba3563dab1.
Could you try to revert this commit?