[alsa-devel] ice1724 SPDIF buffer size?

Robert Hancock hancockrwd at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 08:01:33 CEST 2009

I noticed that in the ice1724 driver, we set a default and maximum
preallocated buffer size of 256K for the "professional" stream, but only
64K for the SPDIF and independent stereo pair streams, even though the
hardware supports 256K for all streams. Is there any reason why we can't
use 256K for all of them?

I made this change here and it seems to work fine (for SPDIF at least,
haven't tested stereo). From a power and CPU usage perspective, it makes
sense to allow as big a buffer as possible for when latency isn't critical..