[alsa-devel] Patch for Zotac IONITX model detection

gus.alsa at bourg.net gus.alsa at bourg.net
Wed Oct 7 05:12:49 CEST 2009

Hello Takashi Iwai,

I tested your latest snapshot and it did not detect the 6 channel audio.  I have attached the output of alsa-info for analysis.  The original patch that I submitted did not detect the coaxial/optical SPDIF interface on this board.  I've been running with the
ALC662_3ST_6ch_DIG method instead of ALC662_3ST_6ch which was in the original patch.  The _DIG method now shows my spdif interface correctly and my 6 channel analog audio is also working correctly.  I do not have a receiver to test the coaxial/optical output, though I suspect it works correctly.  I've attached a new patch which uses the _DIG method as I believe its the more proper method to use for this hardware layout.

Thanks,
Gus Bourg

Message sent via Atmail Open - http://atmail.org/