[alsa-devel] [alsa-cvslog] alsa-kernel: Official ALSA project GIT repository for Linux 2.6 branch, master now at v2.6.31-rc8-407-gfc9e4a3

Jaroslav Kysela perex at perex.cz
Tue Oct 6 10:39:18 CEST 2009

Tue, 6 Oct 2009, Clemens Ladisch wrote:

> Jaroslav Kysela wrote:
>>> Yes, it should.  I haven't yet found where the hctl functions break it.
>> It does not work with amixer? The interface type should be specified, but
>> all controls should be visible through hctl interface. Something like:
>> amixer cset iface=PCM,name="some name",index=1 33
> iface=PCM,name="PCM Playback Volume",subdevice=xxx always results in
> the control for subdevice 1.

Oops. The snd_hctl_compare_default() routine is broken for iface != MIXER.
The device and subdevice values should be compared as well to get correct
result in _snd_hctl_find_elem(). I'll prepare a fix ASAP.

 				Thanks for info,

Jaroslav Kysela <perex at perex.cz>
Linux Kernel Sound Maintainer
ALSA Project, Red Hat, Inc.