[alsa-devel] step-by-step usb-snd-audio instructions?

Anna Keenan anna.c.keenan at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 11:53:12 CEST 2009

Hi there ALSA people,

I'm very new to Linux, running an eee pc 1000H withLinux Easypeasy 1.5 and
the new skype beta. I love my USB headset - I'm frequently on international
skype conference calls and on other operating systems I've found that
nothing else gives me a clear sound.

But I am apparently missing the usb-snd-audio driver, as it doesn't come
packaged with Easypeasy, so my beloved headset won't function. Skype audio
is generally also really crackly when i'm using the normal microphone and
speakers, but i think that's a different problem.

Does anyone out there have step-by-step instructions on how to add the
snd-usb-audio driver? I've found no user-friendly 'how to' online, despite
hours trawling (and posting on) forums...

I would *so* love some help or even a response telling where else I should
be looking for help...

Anna K
--
Anna Keenan
Youth Climate Advocate

"If you don't change course, you'll end up where you're heading."

www.itsgettinghotinhere.org
http://climatechangeperspectives.blogspot.com