[alsa-devel] My Codec: IDT 92HD75B3X5 issues

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Fri Oct 2 08:37:01 CEST 2009

At Fri, 2 Oct 2009 09:15:22 +0300,
 Munzir Taha (=?utf-8?q?=D9=85=D9=86=D8=B0=D8=B1?=   =?utf-8?q?_=D8=B7=D9=87?=) wrote:

> On Yaum al-Jumma 12 Shawwal 1430 8:34:57 am Takashi Iwai wrote:
> > At Fri, 2 Oct 2009 01:11:01 +0300,
> >
> >  Munzir Taha (=?utf-8?q?=D9=85=D9=86=D8=B0=D8=B1?=
> =?utf-8?q?_=D8=B7=D9=87?=) wrote:

> > > Dear Takashi,
> > > To complete this thread, what about missing options like
> > > 1. Disabling "Headphone Jack Sense" to allow both speakers and headphones
> > > to work together in case
> >
> > You can give "hp_detect = 0" to hints via sysfs and reconfigure.
>
> But this is not user friendly. I used to see it as an option on other cards.

It's intentional.  Otherwise user would choose it accidentally and cry
out in 99% of probability :)

> > > 2. jack retasking where I can plug my mic in the headphone jack and
> > > expect it to work
>

> > I thought it works now?
>
> No. If I plug the mic in the mic jack it works but if I plug it in the
> headphone jack it doesn't.

Errr, so you want to record from the headphone jack?
This isn't specified in your BIOS to behave so, thus no go.  (Currently
the behavior of the driver depends on the BIOS information.)  Write
your own model quirk to override it.

Both of your demands are not for "normal" users.  The driver could
serve for that, but it needs some adjustment.  Of course, I'd happily
apply any patch if you can provide.