[alsa-devel] AC97 slot information

Russell King - ARM Linux linux at arm.linux.org.uk
Sun Nov 29 17:50:58 CET 2009

When opening an AC'97 codec under ALSA using snd_ac97_pcm_open(),
specifying the number of channels desired (2, 4 or 6) is there a
way to read back which slots will be in use?

Currently, in the AACI driver, I use a lookup table to convert from
channels to a slot mask - if this information is already available
from ALSA, I'd much rather use it rather than inventing keeping my
own solution.

Also, should the 'slots' value passed to snd_ac97_pcm_open() be
those in pcm->r[].slots or should it be selected from the number
of channels?