[alsa-devel] Sigmatel STAC 9228

Alonso Quiroz H. quiroz.alonso at gmail.com
Sat Nov 21 15:19:48 CET 2009

Hey guys!, this is my first mail to the list. Excuse me if this is not
the better way to send my request.
I have a Dell XPS M1530 laptop, with a Sigmatel soundcard... well,
read it for yourselves:

http://pastebin.ca/1679794

By default (in Ubuntu 9.10) the card doesn't work in 5.1 mode, and
that is my problem... by default it doesn't show the option "Surround
5.1"

I have tried a lot of combinations of model=XXXXX in
/etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf, starting by the ones in
/usr/share/doc/alsa-base/driver/HD-Audio-Models.txt. The better result
is with "3stack": It 's possible to select the 5.1 option, but I don't
get sound at all. The weird thing is that de volume control of Pulse
shows bars moving.

Thanks in advance. Sorry about my english.

Alonso Quiroz H.