[alsa-devel] i.MX audio support

Mark Brown broonie at opensource.wolfsonmicro.com
Thu Nov 19 17:32:41 CET 2009

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 04:48:14PM +0100, Sascha Hauer wrote:

> There already is a driver for i.MX in the tree, this one is a nearly complete
> rewrite. I haven't touched the in Kernel driver with these patches. The in
> Kernel driver has several problems, it doesn't use ioremap, uses direct pointer
> derefs instead of proper access functions and the only board supported so far is
> itself not supported in mainline.

BTW, unless I notice anything particularly bad in there I'm inclined to
just merge all the arch/arm patches by themselves since obviously you're
the maintainer they'd normally go via - I'm assuming the other patches
depend on them?

Thanks a lot for doing this work - I've got some boards that I could
make a lot of use of if we had i.MX3x audio support in mainline!