[alsa-devel] Model change suggestion for Acer Aspire 5930g

Claudio Viano claudio.viano at gmail.com
Sat Nov 14 11:50:51 CET 2009

Hello,

this message to suggest a setting change for the Acer Aspire 5930g
laptop and its Intel HDA ALC888 card. Currently Alsa defaults to
model=acer-aspire-4930g for this laptop, but with that option the tuba
bass does not work, it works only upon initial installation of the OS
and even then it does not get muted upon headphones plug-in. I tested
that using model=acer-aspire-6530g instead everything works: the tuba
bass gets muted along with the other built-in speakers upon headphones
insertion, the internal mic works perfectly etc.

I see in the change log for 1.0.21 that the Aspire 6930g has been
migrated from model 4930g to 6530g. The 5930g should go the same way.

There's not much more to it really, if you need any more information
do not hesitate to ask me, I hope this is the right channel for this
communication. I attach the output of alsa-info.

Kind regards
Claudio Viano