[alsa-devel] PATCH: ALSA - hda - Add support for Dell E6400 docking station

Christian Hergert christian.hergert at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 00:20:32 CET 2009

Hi,

I made a patch to fix bug 4657[1] on the tracker.  I'm fairly certain that
it isn't the correct approach but would like some feedback on what that
would be.

The power-mappings in patch_sigmatel.c seem to allow you to flip multiple
bits.  In the case of the Dell docking station, you need to enable some bits
while disabling others.  Therefore, instead of using the power mappings I
just hacked in a quick check to work for the hardware I have on hand.  If
there is a proper way to fix this that I have missed, I'll be more than
happy to fix the patch appropriately.

[1] https://bugtrack.alsa-project.org/alsa-bug/view.php?id=4657

Regards,
--