[alsa-devel] HDA Intel IDT 92HD71B7X - HP Pavilion DV7-1299EF - Only the left speaker is working

Wael Nasreddine (a.k.a eMxyzptlk) mla at nasreddine.com
Mon Nov 16 20:59:22 CET 2009

On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 20:30, Takashi Iwai <tiwai at suse.de> wrote:

> At Mon, 16 Nov 2009 19:34:45 +0100,
> Wael Nasreddine (a.k.a eMxyzptlk) wrote:
> >
> > [1  <text/plain; UTF-8 (quoted-printable)>]
> > On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 18:36, Takashi Iwai <tiwai at suse.de> wrote:

> LFE working,
> speakers I
> 100% sure, but
> can't hear
> to what I

> > > OK, how about the patch below?

> > > This is really weird...
> > >

> > > Takashi
> > >

> > Because the patch is not attached, I can't quite copy it correctly
> > from Gmail,
>
> You have a pull-down menu at the top-right corner of each mail in
> gmail.  There you can choose "Show original".  This will show the raw
> texts so that you can save it from the browser.
>
> Possibly this menu item appears only in English language mode, though.
>
> I have this and that's what I used earlier but it failed on many hunks, now
it only failed on one, the last hunk, so I applied the last one by hand

> > so I did it by hand (attached), I applied it but I don't
> > see the mixer anywhere in alsamixer. I double checked the patch
> > though...
>
> I revised the patch.  Attached below.
> Try it instead.  You'll have "Bass Speaker" mixer switch, maybe at the
> most right side.
>

> Takashi

Thank you, this patch works indeed, I can enable/disable the LFE as I like
now, Thank you so much !!

Why do you think the drivers needed special GPIO settings while another PC,
same PC didn't need anything, BIOS BUG or maybe hardware defect?

--
Wael Nasreddine

Weem Chief-Development Officer - http://www.weem.com

Blog    : http://wael.nasreddine.com
E-mail  : wael.nasreddine at weem.com
gTalk   : wael.nasreddine at gmail.com
Tel     : +33.6.32.94.70.13
Skype   : eMxyzptlk
Twitter : @eMxyzptlk

PGP: 1024D/C8DD18A2 06F6 1622 4BC8 4CEB D724  DE12 5565 3945 C8DD 18A2

.: An infinite number of monkeys typing into GNU emacs,
  would never make a good program. (L. Torvalds 1995) :.