[alsa-devel] HDA Intel IDT 92HD71B7X - HP Pavilion DV7-1299EF - Only the left speaker is working

Wael Nasreddine (a.k.a eMxyzptlk) mla at nasreddine.com
Mon Nov 16 19:34:45 CET 2009

On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 18:36, Takashi Iwai <tiwai at suse.de> wrote:

> At Mon, 16 Nov 2009 18:22:56 +0100,
> Wael Nasreddine (a.k.a eMxyzptlk) wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 18:15, Takashi Iwai <tiwai at suse.de> wrote:

> > > Hm, if it's *so* loud, we should have a mixer control for this, I
> > > guess.
> > >
> > It's not *so* loud, but yea I appreciate a mixer for it yes! at least
> > I can tell which speaker is working and also I can listen to Music
> > without bothering someone else because with LFE the base is loud..
>
> OK, how about the patch below?

> > > No, already out of idea...  I wonder whether any other people
> > > suffering from the same problem?
> > >
> > Julien has the same PC, same OS, same Kernel, same BIOS Version, but
> > the weird thing is that he is not suffering from this problem, which
> > obviously led me to beleive a hardware defect, but it's working on
> > Windows!
>
> This is really weird...
>

> Takashi

Because the patch is not attached, I can't quite copy it correctly
from Gmail, so I did it by hand (attached), I applied it but I don't
see the mixer anywhere in alsamixer. I double checked the patch
though...

--
Wael Nasreddine

Weem Chief-Development Officer - http://www.weem.com

Blog    : http://wael.nasreddine.com
E-mail  : wael.nasreddine at weem.com
gTalk   : wael.nasreddine at gmail.com
Tel     : +33.6.32.94.70.13
Skype   : eMxyzptlk
Twitter : @eMxyzptlk

PGP: 1024D/C8DD18A2 06F6 1622 4BC8 4CEB D724  DE12 5565 3945 C8DD 18A2

.: An infinite number of monkeys typing into GNU emacs,
  would never make a good program. (L. Torvalds 1995) :.