[alsa-devel] need support for insatllation of pci sound card.

Raymond Yau superquad.vortex2 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 03:10:16 CET 2009

2009/11/15 Kunal Narkhede <kunal.narkhede at gmail.com>

> Hi Raymond,
>
> With my sound card i got a cd of drivers which has some drivers for linux i
> guess but the installaltion steps given in readme file are very tough for me
> to follow as the  paths given in that file seems to be diffrent in my ubuntu
> linux. eg /usr/src/driver/sound this path is not exixting in ubuntu also
> after as stated in readme file the option which i should get after executing
> the "make config" command for sound card are diffrent and even if i enter
> the option given in readme file the forth coming options are diffrent and
> take defult value and final result is failure of installation of drivers as
> the module that is requires to be installed is not created.
>
> I am attaching the readme file and the drivers for your kind
> reference.Kindly please help me solve this issue..Its been 3 4 months that
> this issue is bugging me please.
>

> On Sun, Nov 15, 2009 at 5:47 AM, Raymond Yau <superquad.vortex2 at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> 2009/11/13 Kunal Narkhede <kunal.narkhede at gmail.com>
>>
>> > hi,
>> >
>> > Please help me install my sound card drivers.As told in forum i updated
>> my
>> > alsa drivers with the provided one.My card seems to getting recognize
>> but
>> > no
>> > sound is heard here is
>> > *output of "aplay -l" command
>> > *
>> > **** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
>> > card 0: AudioPCI [Ensoniq AudioPCI], device 0: ES1371/1 [ES1371
>> DAC2/ADC]
>> > Subdevices: 1/1
>> > Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
>> > card 0: AudioPCI [Ensoniq AudioPCI], device 1: ES1371/2 [ES1371 DAC1]
>> > Subdevices: 1/1
>> > Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
>> >

>> > I have also *attached the logfile obtained from alsainfo.sh* provided on
>> > the
>> > thread of alsa upgrade script.
>> >
>> > Please help me install my sound card have been searching for drivers
>> since
>> > 7
>> > months and its getting frustating now.
>> >
>> > Mine is PCI sound card on-board sound card has been disabled from bios..
>> >
>> > I am usung* ubuntu 9.04 with 2.6.28-16-generic kerne*l installed through
>> > updates using update manager.
>> >
>> > --
>> > With Regards
>> > Kunal
>> > 9860384968
>> >

>> This is known bug of EV1938 , it seem that EV1938 no longer  read ac97
>> codec
>> registers correctly  at the time of  alsa-driver  1.0.8
>>
>> https://bugtrack.alsa-project.org/alsa-bug/view.php?id=1389
>> https://bugtrack.alsa-project.org/alsa-bug/view.php?id=1023
>>
>> Symptoms are
>>
>> 1) Unable to identify Sigmatec AC97 codec  9705
>>
>> 0-0/0: 0x76058384 FÕS
>>
>> 0:7c = 0000
>> 0:7e = 8384

> [...]

What is the model of your motherboard ?

The driver on your CD is OSS cmpci driver for Kernel 2.2 or 2.4

But the PCI info only has EV1938

04:01.0 Multimedia audio controller: Creative Labs Ectiva EV1938

04:01.0 0401: 1102:8938
	Subsystem: 1102:5938

!!Linux Distribution
!!------------------

Ubuntu 9.04 \n \l DISTRIB_ID=Ubuntu DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Ubuntu 9.04"

!!DMI Information
!!---------------

Manufacturer:
Product Name:

!!Kernel Information
!!------------------

Kernel release:    2.6.28-16-generic
Operating System:  GNU/Linux
Architecture:      i686
Processor:         unknown
SMP Enabled:       Yes

!!Soundcards recognised by ALSA
!!-----------------------------

 0 [AudioPCI       ]: ENS1371 - Ensoniq AudioPCI
                      Ensoniq AudioPCI ENS1371 at 0xd000, irq 16

!!PCI Soundcards installed in the system
!!--------------------------------------

04:01.0 Multimedia audio controller: Creative Labs Ectiva EV1938

!!Advanced information - PCI Vendor/Device/Susbsystem ID's
!!--------------------------------------------------------

04:01.0 0401: 1102:8938
	Subsystem: 1102:5938

!!Modprobe options (Sound related)

snd-atiixp-modem: index=-2
snd-intel8x0m: index=-2
snd-via82xx-modem: index=-2
snd-usb-audio: index=-2
snd-usb-us122l: index=-2
snd-usb-usx2y: index=-2
snd-usb-caiaq: index=-2
snd-cmipci: mpu_port=0x330 fm_port=0x388
snd-pcsp: index=-2