[alsa-devel] PC Beep or PC Speaker or just Beep? and HDA Beep code...

Jaroslav Kysela perex at perex.cz
Thu Nov 12 12:06:57 CET 2009

On Thu, 12 Nov 2009, Takashi Iwai wrote:

> IOW, I'm fine with an additional implementation for the dynamic beep
> on/off.  But, the mixer interface doesn't look like the best interface
> to me.

I would prefer something which is comfortable for user. The module
parameter or sysfs file is not a good way to explain users how they can
change the beep behaviour.

We have basically four ways:

1) module parameter (difficult tracking of changes through sysfs)
2) sysfs file
3) current implementation
4) create new control with different name (like "HDA Beep Enable Switch")

 					Jaroslav

-----
Jaroslav Kysela <perex at perex.cz>
Linux Kernel Sound Maintainer