[alsa-devel] [Intel-gfx] Problems with HDMI audio on Intel DG45FC motherboard

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Sun Nov 8 11:41:39 CET 2009

At Wed, 21 Oct 2009 09:38:12 +0800,
Wu Fengguang wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 06:37:58AM +0800, David Härdeman wrote:
> > >
> > >I think Shane has provided a good example for you in another email :)
> > >Here are more descriptions for the route plugin:
> >
> > So perhaps I should still file a bug with the ALSA bugtracker asking for
> > the default ALSA userspace to include a channel mapping along Shane's
> > recommendation?
>
> That would be good. I'm not sure if PulseAudio need a separate fix.
> (Lennart CCed).

Some ideas in my mind (and experimental patches in my archive) for
exposing the channel mapping to user-space.  But I've had too little
time to work on it until now.  Will try to find some time again.

Also, for remapping the channels, we can write another plugin that
is more optimized than the route plugin.

thanks,