[alsa-devel] Artifacts present in AIC23 capture for 48 KHz sampling rate

Aggarwal, Anuj anuj.aggarwal at ti.com
Fri Nov 6 13:54:51 CET 2009

I am observing artifacts (sharp spikes at fixed intervals) while capturing audio on AM3517 EVM and AIC23 codec. They are present only in one of the channels when I am capturing at 48 KHz. All other sampling rates are working fine with the above said combination.

I have also attached the screenshot taken with the help of Audacity utility. Here, I tried recording silence but artifacts were observed on one channel.

Has anyone also observed the similar behavior with AIC23 codec? Any hints what could be the root cause?

Anuj Aggarwal