[alsa-devel] (SCH Poulsbo) HD Audio Controller

Victor Stinner victor.stinner at haypocalc.com
Fri Nov 6 18:25:03 CET 2009

I bought a new Eee PC 1101HA. It uses the "Intel System Controller Hub
(SCH) US15W" chipset which includes the "ALC269" (Intel "HD" audio
chipset). The pci identifier of the audio sound card is 8086:811b. On
Fedora, the snd-hda-intel kernel (from ALSA 1.0.20) module is loaded,
but i don't hear anything.

On IRC (#alsa on Freenode), gnubien gave me the trick to make it
working: write the following configuration in /etc/modprobe.d/alsa.conf

    options snd-hda-intel model=eeepc-p901

Without the model trick, my playback controls are:

- Master
- Headphone
- Front
- Front Mic
- Front Mic Boost
- Beep

With model=eeepc-p901, playback controls are:

- LineOut
- Mic Boost
- Beep
- iSpeaker

Thanks to model=eeepc-p901, the sound works correctly.

Here is the output of alsa-info.sh script:

PS: Please "CC" me to your anwsers.

Victor Stinner