[alsa-devel] Intel HDA - AD1883 Codec - Jack Sense / Detect

Alan Bennett abennett at miltope.net
Tue Nov 3 16:32:55 CET 2009

Hello;
  We have a custom motherboard Intel HDA / AD1883.  For output, we connect
the headphone jack and the mono / front speaker.

  We are unable to get audio in Linux (Windows is fine) that activates the
front/mono speaker.   The headphones work without a problem.  However, none
of the 4 "model=" strings improve the situation.  The headphones always
work, but no configuration will activate the onboard front/mono speaker.

  Is there a way to query the live status of the AD1883 / jack-detect/sense?

-Alan