[alsa-devel] question on snd_jack_report

Kp, Jeeja jeeja.kp at intel.com
Mon Nov 2 18:38:09 CET 2009

>What is event.c?  If this is some part of the X.Org server then you'd be
>better asking the X folks about how to configure and use the X server,
>it rewraps the data it's getting from the kernel.

Sorry,it's evtest.c( this program polls /dev/input/eventX and prints
the events). Basically when a Headphone is inserted into the jack, driver
send snd_jack_report() with the status of present to ALSA. When the
respective /dev/input/event5 is read from userspace, it must print the
events. I don't see any events when snd_jack_report() is called.