[alsa-devel] Wonder if VT1708A has Mic Boost or not

Konstantin Kletschke lists at ku-gbr.de
Thu May 28 10:39:27 CEST 2009

Hi Folks!

I have a mini-PC here which should record Voice over Microphone. The
Level is not really loud enough and the alsa-driver-1.0.19 doesn't
reveal a mic boost setting in its mixer.

This of course may be of the driver not yet being adapted to the special
motherboard AFAIK.

What I wonder is, is the Mic Boost setting/function integrated in this
chip itself or does hardware vendor need to implement external opamps
for this? If it is integrated into the chip itself I could try to
modifiy the code to make the setting public.

Is there a source for a datasheet anywhere for the VT1708A?

King regards, Konsti

--
GPG KeyID EF62FCEF
Fingerprint: 13C9 B16B 9844 EC15 CC2E  A080 1E69 3FDA EF62 FCEF