[alsa-devel] spdif/iec958 outputs at VT1708S not recognized

Sentinel sentinel at optonline.net
Tue May 26 16:24:59 CEST 2009

I tried using the snapshot because I was having the same problem as Peter
was.  No spdif out on my vt1708s.  Unfortunately for me my build didn't go
quite as well, for some reason I had 2 undefined which make the snd.ko fail
to load.  Is there something that I'm missing?  I am running slamd64 distro
current, with the latest kernel along with the alsa kernel patch
"".   Please help.

  Building modules, stage 2.

  MODPOST 131 modules

WARNING: "register_sound_special_device" [/usr/src/alsa-driver/acore/snd.ko]

WARNING: "unregister_sound_special" [/usr/src/alsa-driver/acore/snd.ko]

make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-'

utils/link-modules /usr/src/alsa-driver