[alsa-devel] Acer Aspire One codec: Realtek ALC272 not found in ALSA-Configuration.txt Mic does not capture in alsamixer

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Wed May 20 19:54:41 CEST 2009

[Please don't drop Cc from alsa-devel ML so that other people can
 follow.]

At Wed, 20 May 2009 12:51:17 -0400,
wirechief wrote:

> Takashi
> I got brave. i did compile this:
> ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/tiwai/snapshot/alsa-driver-snapshot.tar.gz
> I used this:
> sudo apt-get install build-essential linux-headers-$(uname -r)
> ./configure --with-cards=all
> make
> sudo make install

Note that you may have already the driver modules in the update
directory in /lib/modules/*, depending on distro.  As default,
alsa-driver external build tries to replace the existing
/lib/module/*/kernel/ module files, but the update directory always
wins.

Takashi